Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lace leggings... as pants...


So if you know anything about me, you'd know that I have an issue with people wearing leggings as pants.  Especially when you can see through them.  And yes, I still feel the same way....

But, recently with the emergence of the patterned tights and leggings trend happening, I have been expanding my usage of leggings and tights to add to my fall wardrobe.  The two pairs of lace tights I own, I purchased last Winter in New York and I only opened them up and tried them out this season.  But now I am pairing them with some of my most stylish ensembles!  And it has proven to be a great way to update my look and keep my legs warm when it drops to a freezing 65 degrees in Los Angeles.  HA!

When I came across this picture of Megan Fox, I wasn't sure what to think.  I mean, she is totally wearing her patterned tights as pants! Strangely enough, I absolutely LOVE this look. The idea of the dressy lace tights, black buckle boots, contrasting with an oversized grandpa cardigan and simple tank is extremely unexpected. But because she rocks it with confidence, which makes me believe in the style. Another something to test drive in my wardrobe. I'm going to try this out and see what reactions I get...  perhaps it's an appropriate poll for a video... hmmm... the fashion wheels are turning.   In the mean time, test drive it in your wardrobe and send me pictures!  How would you style your lace tights?

Fashionably yours,
Laurie B

No comments:

Post a Comment