Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The evolution of the white bandage body suit


From Frida to Jean Paul Gautlier to Rihanna to Bordelle's sexy lingerie.

I'm excited to announce that I am working with a new band!  The Broken Column.  They're badass, good looking, and their music just speaks to the rock n roll soul.  So I feel very blessed to help them style themselves as they build their music and artistic empire!  In doing some research, I uncovered something that if you've already seen my previous posts, has sparked my fashion interest.  The name The Broken Column was inspired by a Frida Kahlo painting... The Broken Column.  Is it possible that this painting sparked inspiration in our todays designers causing the fashion evolution of the white bandaged body suit?  From Frida Kahlo in the 1940s to Jean Paul Gaultier in 1990s to Rihanna in 2009 and now?  Bandaged lingerie can't stay on the shelves. Bordelle has designed the bandage corset dress and it is to die for!
 There is something so beautiful about tracing an idea back to a surprising beginning.  Wonder if there is something prior to Frida's painting?   All good fashion questions to ask and for now... to give me sweet fashion, always inspired dreams.

Fashionably yours,
Laurie B


No comments:

Post a Comment