Monday, December 21, 2009

Laurie B's Style: Rodarte for Target



Rodarte for Target hit the stores yesterday and I made sure I made it early to Target to snag some of the pieces I've been drooling over since the collection pictures were released.  While all the other bloggers, writers and fashion critics out there said that this collection looked "forever 21-y" at best...  I walked in not expected much.  And this goes to show... don't be a follower, fashion lovers!   Form your own opinions.  My expert fashion opinion? (And yes, I am a professional with almost a decade of fashion industry expertise...) While perhaps on the bow shoulder dress fit was a bit unusual,  I actually found the overall collection super cute and totally wearable. The denim was hot, the lace cardigans were not only chic looking they felt great on the skin, the silk cami's were like butter, the dresses were adorable and the chunky sweater was so yummy.  My purchases included: the tea cup blue dress that fit me like a dream, the mustard and black lace cardigans, the mustard with nude mesh skirt, and the denim jacket.  All great pieces and all fab additions to my growing wardrobe and repertoire of my continuing documentation of the Laurie B Style Files.

  So why wait to wear, right?  On the job last night, while styling the hot chick rock band Vanity Theft for their first LA show at the Viper Room, I rocked some of my new Rodarte for Target goodies.  A pretty bangin fashion confection if I do say so myself....  Frankly, I looked hot and I felt hot.  And feeling good is the best part. It's the best accessory.  All in all it was a fabulous outfit that ended my fabulous week and weekend.

Fashionably yours,
Laurie B

  

No comments:

Post a Comment